Trust Programme Autumn 2018 - Summer 2019
Saturday 17 November, 2.00 to 4.30:
THE ARTS AND CRAFTS MOVEMENT
Study afternoon led by Anthony Burton.
- 2.00 The Prophets.
- 2.20 Disciples and Guilds.
- 2.40 The Hand-made Object.
- 3.00 Afternoon tea (sandwiches, cakes etc).
- 3.40 Arts and Crafts Houses.
- 4.00 Arts and Crafts Churches.
- 4.30 End.
Saturday 24 November, 11.00 to 12.30:
CHILDREN’S WORKSHOP – Christmas Tree Decorations
- Make twinkly decorations using pictures of artifacts in the church.
Twinkles and pictures provided.
If we make enough we will create a decorative feature as a contribution to the Christmas Tree Festival.
Saturday 13 April 2019, 2.00 to 4.30:
THE ARTISTIC RELIGIOUS ENVIRONMENT
Study afternoon. Some religious traditions like artistic settings for their observances, others need simplicity.
- 2.00 Geoff Brammall surveys diverse worship traditions.
- 3.00 Afternoon Tea.
- 3.40 Anthony Burton describes diverse buildings devised to suit the various traditions.
Thursday 25 April at 7.30:
THE HUDSON FAMILY
Talk by Mark Hudson
St Martin’s was founded and cherished by three generations of ladies of the Hudson family of Brabyns Hall. Mark Hudson, a descendant, tells us about the wider history of the family.
Monday 6 May 2019:
To visit St Peter’s, Alstonefield and St John Baptist, Elkstone (pre-Victorian Anglicanism) and St Giles’ church (RC), Cheadle, Staffs (medievalism bursts out, A. W. N. Pugin, 1846).
Lunch at the Cottage Kitchen, Winkhill (as on our successful 2018 trip).
Friday 7 June 2019 at 7.30:
ARTS AND CRAFTS TEXTILES:
Tapestry, embroidery, printed fabrics
Lecture by the Rev Ann Hyde
Details of admission costs, booking, etc will be included in publicity for the individual events (posters, leaflets, etc) and as always we will provide further information about the individual events nearer the time.